Yamaha T7 High Mount Exhaust Kit (This batch shipping April 23)
9 in Stock
European customers, we have heard you loud and clear. We are (now) well aware of the unique need for certified mufflers. Living in North America, this is not the case so it was not front of mind when developing the product. We are currently testing ECE mufflers from a few suppliers for use with this kit.
Currently, we are only selling the kit complete.
There are so many things to love about the Yamaha 700 Tenere! Unfortunately, the exhaust is a bit of a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde situation.
It looks and sounds amazing but it has a dark side. It's located low and wide and is mounted on a very long exhaust hanger that's welded to the subframe. When the bike is dropped on the right side, the mount can be bent which allows the muffler to be pushed into the side of the swingarm. If it is not bent back before being ridden, the aluminum swingarm gets chewed up by the steel muffler (see photo below). Adding insult to injury, if you bend the hanger enough times, it can crack at the subframe.
Having experienced the bent hanger and torn up swing arm personally, we came up with a new exhaust system the places the muffler up much higher and closer to the bike's centerline... out of harm's way. To achieve this, we had to make a new link pipe and a new bracket to shorten the very long stock muffler hanger which greatly reduces leverage it sees making it much less likely to be bent in a drop.
The kit includes:
- The 304 stainless, "Lobster-Back", link pipe is hand-crafted and TIG welded in our shop. We've added wire heel guards for both the rider and pillion.
- Our anodized CNC billet 6061 aluminum clamp. This mounting bracket is simple to install and reduces the hanger length (and leverage by about 50%). *Patent Pending*
- A stainless muffler with a carbon fibre end cap. This muffler is lightweight, durable, and sounds great! It includes a removable, "decibel killer", insert.
- All fasteners, springs, exhaust clamp, graphite seal, and Camel ADV decals.
- 2.1kg/4.5lbs lighter than the stock muffler and link pipe
- Compatible with most pannier racks
- Easy to install with basic hand tools
Pannier compatibility to be announced
*All extra fees such as taxes, duties, tariffs, brokerage, etc are not included in the purchase price. Customers are wholly responsible for payment of these fees!*
*MOTORCYCLE NOT INCLUDED* (Yup, apparently this footnote is required, we've had questions)
*This kit's hanger bracket is officially Patent Pending*