T7 High Mount Exhaust Kit
10+ in Stock
There have been a few changes to this kit. Make sure you know what you are purchasing BEFORE you order!
The first change is that we now have an option to buy the kit without the muffler. If you order the kit without a muffler, make sure to watch the update video here. There are critical dimensions and considerations that you need to have in mind when choosing a muffler! The kit without the muffler is $100 cheaper than the full kit.
The second change is that the link pipes are no longer being fabricated in-house. The pipe are extremely time consuming (over an hour per link pipe) and we simply could not keep up with the demand doing them by hand. They are now robotically welded which has lowered our cost. We are able to reduce the cost of the kit by another $50.
*If you want a in-house, hand-welded link pipe, they will be available by request at the original price*
There are so many things to love about the Yamaha 700 Tenere! Unfortunately, the exhaust is a bit of a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde situation.
It looks and sounds amazing but it has a dark side. It's located low and wide and is mounted on a very long exhaust hanger that's welded to the subframe. When the bike is dropped on the right side, the mount can be bent which allows the muffler to be pushed into the side of the swingarm. If it is not bent back before being ridden, the aluminum swingarm gets chewed up by the steel muffler (see photo below). Adding insult to injury, if you bend the hanger enough times, it can crack at the subframe.
Having experienced the bent hanger and torn up swing arm personally, we came up with a new exhaust system the places the muffler up much higher and closer to the bike's centerline... out of harm's way. To achieve this, we had to make a new link pipe and a new bracket to shorten the very long stock muffler hanger which greatly reduces leverage it sees making it much less likely to be bent in a drop.
*If you're ordering a kit without a muffler, consider purchasing a Black Widow SC30H or a Black Widow UN30H. The universal mufflers from Max Torque Cans are also great options. We have found these to be a good fit with our kit and a quality mufflers.*
Consider ordering a spark arrestor with your exhaust kit: 51mm Spark Arrestor
The kit includes:
- TIG welded, 304 stainless, "Lobster-Back", link pipe with wire heel guards for both the rider and pillion.
- Our anodized CNC billet 6061 aluminum clamp. This mounting bracket is simple to install and reduces the hanger length (and leverage by about 50%). *Patent Pending*
- An *optional* stainless muffler with a carbon fiber end cap. This muffler is lightweight, durable, and sounds great! It includes a removable, "decibel killer", insert.
- All fasteners, springs, exhaust clamp, graphite seal, and Camel ADV decals.
- 2.1kg/4.5lbs lighter than the stock muffler and link pipe
- Compatible with most pannier racks
- Easy to install with basic hand tools
- Yamaha OEM
- Touratech Zega
- SW Motech PRO
- Ride ADV Solo racks
- ADV Spec soft bag plates (require 17mm spacers and longer bolts)
- 2nd Gen Outback Motortek Symmetrical and Asymmetrical racks
*If a Tail Tidy is being used, we strongly recommend the OEM incandescent signal lights be replaced with smaller LED units. The signal light heat shield supplied in the exhaust kit will not fully cover the large OEM signal so they can be melted with exhaust heat. The OEM signals are OK if the OEM tail section (not a Tail Tidy) is retained.
*All extra fees such as taxes, duties, tariffs, brokerage, etc are not included in the purchase price. Customers are wholly responsible for the payment of these fees!*
*MOTORCYCLE NOT INCLUDED* (Yup, apparently this footnote is required, we've had questions)
*This kit's hanger bracket is officially Patent Pending*